Our goal at Upbeat Entertainment is to make you feel comfortable and secure knowing all the details of your reception are taken care of. Once you plan your reception with us you can relax and have fun!
Hi … my name is Tim Gillner and along with my partner Janet Mitsch we own Upbeat Entertainment. If you’re looking at this page, chances are you’re in the process of planning a wedding. Whether you’re a bride, groom, parent, or friend, planning a wedding can be very time consuming, frustrating, and emotionally draining, as well as exciting and special.
Entertainment is the often biggest factor in your reception’s success, and should be given the most thought and consideration. Long after your guests have digested the food and forgotten what you chose for centerpieces, they will remember the music and fun they had, or didn’t have, at your wedding reception.
When choosing the DJ/entertainment for your wedding, don’t be afraid to ask questions about such things as: “how much DJ and MC experience do they have? Do they have back up equipment in case of failure? Do they have back up plans in case of an emergency or illness? Who will your actual DJ and MC be? Will it be the person or persons you are speaking with and planning with?” If interviewing other DJ’s, view or print our 20 Questions Wedding Planning Checklist to use as a guide.
Planning For Success
Let me tell you a little about the way that we approach weddings at Upbeat Entertainment.
- My partner Janet and I do all weddings as a team. This allows us to be in two places at one time. One of us coordinates and announces events, while the other keeps the music flowing. We do have other trained DJ’s in the event of severe illness but this has never happened.
- We do this for a living, which means all of our time is devoted to our wedding and party customers.
- We meet with all of our bride and grooms at least twice to plan the events of the wedding and to give suggestions if needed.
- We use a wedding planner that goes through every step of your wedding from the time your first guest arrives until your last dance. All the steps can be customized and you can feel free to add or subtract any event to your taste. You are the boss.
- We use only the best professional grade equipment in the industry and have all music on a custom, purpose built computer as well as compact discs. We have backup equipment on site, so in the very unlikely case of failure the party will never stop. And yes, we do have cordless microphones for that memorable best man’s toast.
- We can provide a full light show, male or female vocalists, karaoke, fun props, or we can arrange just about any other option that you feel will make your day special.
- We never use cheesy or tacky self promotional banners or signs at your wedding. This is your day … the focus is always on you and your guests, not us.
I’m sure you have more questions of your own, so let us know how we can make your wedding day worry free, special, fun and UPBEAT!
If you and your guests deserve quality entertainment, please get in touch with us in one of these three ways …